There are many font download sites out there - all blocked here, bar one, unblocked exclusively for Media students: FontPalace.
Please follow this simple process if you want to install a new font:
- Search for and download your font (as a .ttf file) - see screenshots below.
- Note the name and direct link (not simply the site URL), and email these + the .ttf file as an attachment to me
- Add details in the Word doc on the MediaStudies drive, including the font name, the Mac number and the URL. Copy the .ttf file to the fonts downloaded folder
- Double click the /ttf file. A popup will ask if you want to add this font to the Font Book; you may see a warning about limitations with italics, numbers or upper case, simply informing you if the font file lacks certain options.
- To access the font in any open programme, you should quit it (CMD+Q) and reopen.
- If you later delete the font, update the Word doc, and email me.
ABOVE: I searched for a font I've used in a few video and image projects, navigating to the 'Eddie' font. There are Windows and Mac download links - which take you to a new window where you have to click download again to start the download:
ABOVE: a captcha has to be ticked (more than 1 may be required), and its that lighter green 'download eddie font' button you need to click; the brighter, larger button is for software you really don't want or need.